Adeline Violet



Hello, World! I'm Adeline Violet, the newest member of the Dissident Daughter family. I was born on 9/22/18 and am named after my maternal great-grandmother (Adeline) and my paternal great-great grandmother (Violet). I chose to burst into this world after being a week "late." I kind of wanted to be born on Route 9 in Boston but didn't want to do that to mom and dad so I chose to just give them a good adrenaline burst and come rip roaring out in less than 24 minutes from the time we got to the hospital. Mom didn't know it at the time (when I decided to come so fast that there was no time for a medicated labor/delivery) but I think she realizes it now - I wanted to show her just how strong she could be and how much trust she should have in her own body...and in me! As I grow, she is going to have many more lessons coming from me, too! I am over a month old now and have lots of stories to tell already but I feel like I should probably bother mom again soon for something...maybe her milk or just a good snuggle. You will hear more from me or more about me in future posts!

No comments:

Featured Post

Meaning-Making

I’m almost 38 years old. Here’s what I’ve learned and experienced about life as I age. The older I get, the more intensely I feel things. ...